Hello Early Years Families
Amongst the chaos of 2020 and preparations for this school year, I am very excited to introduce myself and get to know our youngest of SCS students and their families. I plan to make it a goal to visit all programs throughout the year and place faces to the names and families enrolled in Surrey Christian Schools Early Years Programs and OOSC.
Some updates about Childcare/Preschool September start:
1. Preschool will be running as planned with a few variations in Orientation and Start Date. To prevent tight spaces for new families, Orientation will be sent out later next week by the centre Managers via email with a Video Orientation. All questions pertaining to the orientation can then be addressed by the Managers.
2. First day of Preschool Classes are as follows: M/W/F Class First Day – September 14 T/Th First Day – September 15
3. Parents are to drop off their children for all Early Years Programs by following Social Distancing and staggered drop off. The centre teachers will sign your children in and out of the program each day. We ask that if a Parent will be entering the classroom, each adult wear a mask when in the centre. (this is not required for your young children)
4. Cleaning: Our staff will be sanitizing and disinfecting all surfaces daily. In addition, Surrey Christian school will be using a Campus wide cleaning system proven to completely sanitize common areas and classrooms with a lot of traffic (preschool and OOSC Classrooms included). More information will be forthcoming, but rest assured your children’s health and the health of our staff are of utmost importance.
5. Social distancing is difficult with young children. Having said that, our staff to child ratios ensure children are respectful of their friends surroundings and handwashing will be done throughout the day. As said above, all areas will be sanitized daily, including commonly shared toys.
We thank you for your patience during this time. Please be assured, your child’s teachers and centre managers are working hard these next 2 weeks to ensure the Campus classrooms are organized and prepared for the upcoming school year.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in September.